Saturday December 11, 2021
UK Tents are frequently asked “What size marquee do I need to buy to fit all of my guests” In this blog we explain how you can purchase the perfect party tent for your event and the best way to judge the marquee capacity. Our website gives all the information you need for each product by using easy to understand icons, below is how we described our 3×4 PE Maruee:
The icon on the left advises that the 3×4 marquee has enough standing room for 24 people, the icon in the middle shows enough room 17 people seated and the table/bench icon shows there’s enough space for 2. We use these pictures on every marquee product page to help you choose your perfect party tent. Please Note – These numbers do not allow for social distancing and tables can range from 5 foot to 10 foot wide.
When buying a marquee you need to know how many guests will be attending your function for UK Tents to help. Many customers that have contacted us for advice regarding marquee sizes and without knowing how many people the marquee needs to cater for it’s an impossible hard task.
Top Ten Marquee Capacity Questions
- How many people can fit in a 4×8 marquee? 64 people standing, 46 people seated and enough space for 5 pub style tables. Remember you need to take into account the event style for example social distancing.
- What size marquee do I need for 50 guests? You will need to decide how many of your guests will be standing and how many will be seated. Once you have that information take a look at our products where you can see the dimensions.
- How tall is standard a marquee? Our marquees have two standard heights either 2 meters to the eves or 2.6 meters depending if you need a Professional, Premium or Economy marquee. The Ridge height of our smaller sizes, economy and premium marquees is 3 meters and our professional marquees have a 4 meter height.
- What size marquee is right for me? If you haven’t bought a marquee before we urge you to contact us to discuss the event or use of the marquee as many factors can play a part in choosing the right one for you. We offer free specialist advice with no obligation to buy.
- What size marquee will I need to store my car in? Pretty much any car will fit into a 4 meters by 6 meters marquee and some will fit in a 3×6. Please contact us for help on this as cars come in different shapes and sizes.
- I want to use a marquee for storage, how do I work out the cubic meter space? All of the UK Tents marquee dimensions are listed on www.uktents.com and it’s easy to work out the cubic meter space. Simply X the Width of the marquee by the Length and Height (in meter) = Cubic meter (m3)
- Can I fit more people in a marquee standing or sitting? The general rule of thumb is to allow more space for people sitting than standing therefore you can fit more people standing in a marquee than sitting.
- Do you have any space saving tips to fit more people in a marquee? This is a very frequently asked question and here are our top three tips: 1) Buy smaller furniture if possible 2) If you have a bar or caterers keep them in a separate place 3) Keep decorations tied to the structure for example lining and balloons (Avoid large props)
- If I pick up a large marquee from the UK Tents warehouse will it fit into my car? This question isn’t relevant to marquee capacity but obviously the larger the party tent the more space you will need to store it. If you purchase a small marquee then you can fit the boxes into most cars but we advise you to check with one of our team if you need anything bigger than a 3×4.
- What are the COVID 19 capacity rules and regulations? We have researched the Covid rules and we have previous written a blog on this to help you called Marquee Use – Rules and Regulations. The only updated piece of advice we can give you is to check the GOV website as our blog is dated June 6th 2021.
We always encourage our customers to have there say and this blog was suggested by Gregg Saunders. Gregg bought a 6×12 Professional party tent for his sons wedding and had this to say “I have followed the UK Tents blog for a while now and it’s very helpful but it’s missing one thing… More information on marquee capacity” If you want to suggest a blog for us to write simply fill in the form below: