UK Tents Limited (“UK Tents”) is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you have expressed an interest in working for us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). This document is intended to let you know how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT & WHY
In connection with the recruitment process, we will collect, store, and use a variety of information about you, including:
- Your personal details – name, address, phone number(s) and email
- Information required to provide you our service
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We will collect personal information about you from various sources, including:
- From you directly
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Provide you with our service
- Communicate with you about our service;
- Keep records related to our services; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We are permitted to process data where we have a legal basis for doing so.
If you fail to provide personal information
Certain information, for example in relation to your qualifications or right to work, have to be provided to enable us to consider you application and to enable us to consider offering you a contract of employment. If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application we will not be able to process your application successfully and your application will not be considered further in the recruitment process.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some categories of data are classified as particularly sensitive, for example in relation to race, trade union membership or health. We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in a number of ways, including:
- To assess whether we need to make any appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during an interview;
- Ensuring meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Occasionally, we may share your personal information with a third party, for example a background check agency. We will only share your personal information with the third party for the purposes of processing your purchase. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
Your data will be stored in a range of different places, including our email system and sales tracking spreadsheets. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Personal information is only retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. The data you supply directly to us will be held for a reasonable period. Personal data that is no longer required, out dated, inaccurate or expired is deleted in line with our legal and regulatory requirements.
Where requested by you, we will delete your personal information if we do not have any other legal or regulatory basis for which to retain it. To make a request for deletion please see how to contact us below.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Financial Director in writing at Unit 4D Northfield Farm, Great Lane, Clophill, Bedford, MK45 4D or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
Our Financial Director will monitor compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the Financial Director in writing at Unit 4D Northfield Farm, Great Lane, Clophill, Bedford, MK45 4D or email email@example.com. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113