Friday October 1, 2021
This blog is designed to show you how easy it can be to decorate your marquee. We have been sent some fantastic photos and really helpful advice from a customer who transformed their kids party into a balloon extravaganza. Marquee lining is an obvious way to decorate your party tent but not many people would think that a cleverly designed balloon display could look so good.
The picture below was taken just before the children’s party began and in the words of the customer “Before the madness” This is our 3×6 PVC Economy marquee which was the perfect size for 30 kids to sit down for lunch. The tables and chairs were hired from a local company who specialise in furniture hire. We thought the the colours, the design and the thought that went into this rainbow themed party must have been a lot of work to put together but apparently this wasn’t the case.
How to Make The Perfect Marquee?
We asked our customer 5 questions from cost to timing so we can help you recreate the perfect setting for your next event.
- Why did you hire the furniture and buy the marquee? This was down to storage, a marquee can be flat packed and stored in the garage but furniture is much bulkier”
- How many people did you need to build and decorate the party tent? “My fiance and his best friend built the marquee and me and my mum decorated it so 4 of us altogether. The marquee was up and built within an hour and I’d say the decorating took us around 3 and a half hours but that includes blowing up the balloons using our machine“
- Was it cost effective doing it yourself? “It saved us a fortune! We called around and to be honest getting through to anyone was tough enough and when someone finally did get back to us it was way out of our budget. One company wanted to charge us double what it cost us just to hire the marquee without anything else! I suppose businesses want to make a cut out of everything“
- What is your top tip for someone who hasn’t done this before? 100% decide on your theme before you start anything. We decided on a simple rainbow theme as we knew we could dress the marquee using balloons and wouldn’t need lining. We got a rainbow cake, rainbow coloured balloons and dressed in rainbow clothes… We looked like geniuses or crazy I am not to sure (After busting into laughter the customer added)… more importantly the kids loved it!
- What will your next theme be? So funny you say that we will be using our party tent for Halloween and we are thinking Harry Potter.
Marquee with WOW Factor
Our thanks goes to our customer who took the time out to give us some great advice and below is another picture from her child’s party. It really shows how you don’t need to spend a lot of money with a marquee hire company to achieve a show stopping event. Apart from being cost effective I really got the impression there was a genuine enjoyment planning, organising and running the event.
The one thing I can safely say is I have never seen a marquee dressed entirely in balloons like this. They covered the ceiling, the steel poles and made the most incredible balloon arch for the entrance.
Having researched what would also compliment a kids party like this here’s a few more ideas:
- Disney Princess Entertainer
- Candy Floss Machine
- Hiring a local Ice Cream Van to visit
- Home soft play hire
You can cover the marquee poles by using balloons as you can see in the picture. The best way to stick the balloon to the pole is by using either double sided tape or by using string/ribbon. The effect looks great and is very easy to achieve.
If you would like to share your pictures and experience we would love to hear from you email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking for some advice either about out marquees or how to decorate them please feel free to fill in the form below and we will get back to you.