Monday June 13, 2022
UK Tents have designed marquees that are robust, stylish and easy to install but if you haven’t erected one before this ones for you! Today I want to go through our top 10 marquee installation tips wether you are a marquee hire company or using a party tent at home these tips are sure to come in handy.
- Measure your space before you purchase a party tent – Ok so let’s start with one that sounds obvious but you would be surprised how many times this has caused our customers trouble. You need to give at least half a meter around the structure to enable enough space to erect it safely. Please do not try and squeeze a marquee into a space thinking you can bend bars it will NOT work and can cause damage to the marquee.
- Make sure you have enough people to erect your marquee – Each UK Tents product page has the recommended number of people required to build the structure. We use easy to understand emojis which advise the length of time and the number of people needed to install the marquee.
- Secure your marquee as you are building (Not at the end) – This is a mistake many people have made in the past causing party tents to take off in the wind. This is something you have to be aware of as many customers believe a good party tent doesn’t need to be staked down. All marquees need security measures in place as a strong gust of wind can happen even on a hot summers day, when building your party tent stake the legs down as you go.
- Close your marquee if it isn’t in use – If you install your marquee hours before use please make sure all windows and gables are closed. The main objective of any marquee is to make sure the wind and rain stay out. If you allow the elements to come in when its not being used you are increasing your risk of damage being caused.
- You can never be to careful – UK Tents offer a range of accessories to help secure your structure such as: Extra Strong Ground Stakes, Storm Protection Kit (hard ground) and Storm Protection Kit (soft ground) Many customers have asked if the should use stakes and a storm pack together and the short answer is YES! You can never secure your party tent enough and extra weight is always advisable.
- Don NOT erect a marquee on the day of using it – If you are looking for a marquee to use for an event always make sure it is ready at least a day before. If there’s a problem UK Tents can help, we have a team of experts that have really seen it all (The problem with leaving it too late is our office opening times is not 24/7)
- Don’t cut corners – If you are under a time constraint please do not cut corners. All of the UK tents marquees are designed perfectly to combat bad weather with galvanised steel frames and waterproof tarpaulin. Leaving parts out can cause the marquee to fail and more importantly someone can get hurt.
- Assemble the marquee the UK Tents way – Simply follow the following steps: Set up the roof frame, Put on the roof tarpaulin, Attach poles on one side and then the other, Attach side and gable panels and If necessary, secure the tent with tent pegs, guy ropes or additional weights.
- Never modify a UK Tents structure – Our tents are designed with safety and high performance in mind. If you are to change anything regarding the frame, material, fixtures or fittings you are in danger of weakening the marquee.
- If you aren’t sure about something give us a call – UK Tents are always here to help. We have a live chat option, email addresses and a telephone number you can contact if you are in need of any help building your marquee. Contact us today.
We now sell marquees, storage tents and industrial tents so please be aware each model are built differently. If you are struggling to build anything you can download the instruction manual on each product page. This news article was a great suggestion from one of our customers that runs a successful marquee hire business…
Hi UK Tents, I have bought 4 marquees from you and I have to say I am very happy with them! (Very Strong!) I just wanted to ask if you have any tips installing the marquees safely and securely? I know you are always looking for blogs to write so may I suggest this? ThanksIan from Chester
If you want to suggest our next blog please fill in the form below and I will try to help. If you have any questions regarding installation or anything else call us today: 0123423234