Friday May 13, 2022
Here at UK Tents we have a range of commercial grade marquees for sale, these are perfect for weddings, private parties and corporate events. Today I want to explain what makes a marquee suitable for commercial use and the many reasons why people need a professional standard marquee.
Steel Bar Reinforcement
If you are using a party tent for a restaurant, pub or a corporate event you will need to comply with the rules and regulations. If you need a marquee for long term use the structure will require steel bar reinforcement. This is a must for any commercial marquee! Our cross bars are designed to help combat bad weather by keeping the frame square (It is also proven to stop the marquee from swaying)
Ground bars are an integral component of any professional standard marquee. We use galvanised steel connectors and poles to Increase the stability of the whole construction.
Ground Bar Information From Professional Marquees:
|Wall Thickness of Poles||approx. 1.4 mm|
|Steel Pole Connectors||approx. 54 mm|
|Frame Material||Galvanised Steel|
Our premium marquees also contain ground bar but the specification is different to our professional grade. Please check the spec on each product page to make sure it is suitable for your requirements. If you are on a tight budget the premium range could be perfect for your event.
Premium marquees are generally suitable for commercial use as it comes with the following extras:
- Fire resistance
- Ground Bar
- Cross bars
- Guy ropes
Please note – The tarpaulin is 500g (Our commercial grade marquees are 550g) and the galvanised steel isn’t as thick (Please check dimensions/specifications on the product pages)
Do I Need A Commercial Grade Marquee?
We have been asked this question many times before and unfortunately there’s never a straight forward answer. A member of our sales team will have to qualify exactly what is needed from our customer. The following questions will help us determine what product range is best for your requirements:
- What length of time will the marquee be used for each use?
- How often will the marquee be erected?
- Will the structure be used for a public or private event?
- Are you looking to hire party tents to your own clients?
- Do you need a tent for long time storage use?
These questions will help us identify if you need a commercial grade marquee or a lightweight PE marquee.
Marquees For Home Use
We value our customers and if you only require a marquee for regular short term use at home our polyethylene marquees are a great option. Many of our customers haven’t built a marquee before and the easy to construct design of our PE range is ideal for for first time builders. All of our PE marquees are 100% waterproof and UV resistant making it fine to use what ever the weather. We currently stock six fantastically priced PE marquees, read our trust pilot and website reviews to buy in confidence.
As I explained It is hard to qualify if customer actually needs to buy a commercial grade marquee without speaking to one of our specialists. Today I spoke to Gary who works for the UK Tents design team and asked him to give us some reasons why people should consider purchasing a commercial party tent. Below is a list of reasons with an explanation from Gary:
- Corporate events – “Most companies will require fire resistance from a marquee as standard, I would also recommend thicker tarpaulin and steel frame”
- Restaurants and bars – “If you want to use a marquee for long term get the highest specification possible. Thick ground bar and cross bars will of course help the structure stay sturdy”
- Storage – “More of our customers are using our party tents for temporary storage and I would always advice to keep your items covered by a professional marquee”
- Marquee hire business – We supply marquees to hire firms and I would always recommend a commercial standard marquee for many reasons but today I only have time for three… 1) Your asset will last longer 2) The 2.6 meter lateral height looks more impressive 3) You can cater for corporate and private events (Start a Marquee Hire Business blog)
- Purchasing for the Public Sector – “When dealing with any industry in the public sector I would recommend a high specification structure. Most companies have tight rules and regulations that you will have to follow”
If you have any technical questions please contact a member of our specialist team who will gladly assist you with anything regarding our marquees. This article was suggested by Graham from North London as he really wanted to know more about our commercial marquees.
Hi UK Tents may I pick your brains? I am thinking of buying your 6×12 professional marquee but I don’t know if it is too much for my requirements. I suggest one of the following: Can you write a blog post about this? Maybe a member of your team can call me to o through all the options? or please send me an email with details, prices etc… To be honest I don’t know if you even have a commercial grade marquees for sale! Look forward to your response Graham.
We always encourage feedback from our customers and we are delighted when we have blog suggestions. If you are having an issue that requires advice, fill in the form below and who knows you might be suggesting our next news blog.