Friday April 8, 2022
UK Tents offer a range of fire resistant marquees, which are perfect for commercial and public use. The fire certificate was awarded by a company called “High Street Textile Testing Services Limited” and if you require a copy email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE RECEIVED: 14 MARCH 2022
DATE TESTED : 16 MARCH 2022
QUALITY REFERENCE: MARQUEE TARPAULIN 2
SUPPLIER: UK TENTS LTD
REPUTED FIBRE CONTENT: PVC
COLOUR / DESIGN: WHITE
FABRIC DESCRIPTION: COATED
END USE: MARQUEE
Which Range From UK Tents is Fire Resistant?
UK Tents have four different ranges of marquees (PE, Economy, Premium and Professional) but not all of them are fire resistant. Here is a break down of our ranges and what features they include:
- PE Range: Our PE tarpaulins are made of approx. 200g/m² PE material, UV resistant and they are all 100% waterproof but they are NOT fire proof.
- Economy Range: All Economy tarpaulins are made of approx. 500g/m² PVC Tarpaulin Material, UV resistant and 100% waterproof. Like the PE range Economy marquees are NOT fire resistant.
- Premium Range: Our Premium tents are strong, robust structures adding the wow factor to any event. The Premium Range include Ground bars and is fire resistant as standard. All of our marquees use galvanized steel for the frame and is protected against corrosion. Premium tarpaulins are made of approx. 500g/m² PVC Tarpaulin Material, UV resistant and 100% waterproof.
- Professional Range: The UK Tents Professional range are top quality structures perfect for any scenario. This marquee features an extremely robust and a noticeably thicker frame, with a base frame and additional roof reinforcement. The tarpaulins are approx. 550g/m², fire-resistant, UV resistant and 100% waterproof.
Commercial Party Tents
We have previously written a blog called “Start a Marquee Hire Business” and in this article we explain why you would need to purchase either a professional or premium marquee. When you are supplying a marquee to a restaurant, pub or for an event we strongly advise you to buy a fire resistant structure. We have sold to many party tents to marquee hire companies over the years and I managed to catch up with Peter from Clophill Marquees. I asked him: “Why do you only purchase premium and professional marquees from UK Tents”
If I was buying a marquee for personal use I would 100% purchase either the PE or Economy party tents. I currently hire marquees to pubs, restaurants and public events so I need fire resistance. Some of my clients need to hire a party tent for many weeks so ground bar and cross bars are very important. The extra support helps combat bad weather and keeps the structure in good condition as it stops bars from bending. Our marquee hire company makes more profit when we are able to re use stock, buying Professional UK Tents marquees enables us to run a successful and sustainable business.
Do I Need Fire Resistance?
This question really depends on what the marquee will be used for, fire resistant marquees are not required by law if you are entertaining at home. Fire resistance maybe required at venues across the UK this is normally a company policy but we advice you to look into this. Rules and regulations change frequently in the UK and we have previously written a blog explaining a bit more: Click here.
Below this helpful planning advice has been taken for the government website:
- Consider what the structure will be used for, what it needs to be able to do, who will use it and how?
- Prepare a clear specification for the structure’s required use. This should include the technical details required to enable a design to be undertaken by your appointed TDS contractor(s) / designer (s).
- TDS contractors / designers hired to design, supply, build, manage and take down a structure for you, should be competent and adequately resourced.
- Provide TDS contractors / designers with relevant site information and/or allow them site access to carry out their own site assessments.
- Your TDS contractor should ensure that the proposed structure has a design prepared by a competent person, which takes account of the use and conditions in which it is to be installed.
- Where a structure is to carry advertising / scrim, include this requirement in any design concept, specification and structural assessment.
- Novel or unusual structures may require additional testing by a TDS designer to demonstrate the integrity of the design.
- Whoever builds the structure should undertake an assessment of the likely construction hazards and risks. To help with an assessment and to find out more about construction hazards and risks see:
- Plan and work with your contractors to develop safe systems of working and make sure all significant risks on the site are properly controlled, eg use of cranes and lift trucks.
- Plan to minimise confusion and conflict, particularly between those contractors carrying out concurrent or consecutive activities on the same structure.
- Consider the extent of control that you and your contractors have over the work activity and workplace during each phase of the build, use and deconstruction cycle of a structure. Organisers and TDS contractors should agree the extent of their control at the planning stage, so that responsibility for structural safety is understood and maintained throughout the event.
Our Fire Resistant PVC Material
If you require any more information about our fire resistant marquees contact us by filling out the form below:
UK Tents run flash sales all through the year and if you want to be the first to be notified sign up to our newsletter. With new products being developed and more accessories being added weekly there’s never been a better time to join the mailing list.