Monday March 14, 2022
As we approach Spring (Sunday, 20th March) outdoor weddings are becoming very popular and UK Tents want to share with you some fantastic marquee wedding ideas.
We have previously written a blog called “Wedding Marquee” where we spoke about the possibilities of having a wedding in a party tent but this article will explain how you can make it extra special.
Top Five Wedding Marquee Tips
- Marquee lining is an essential component to any successful marquee wedding. We currently sell marquee lining (fabric only) on our marquee accessories page. Please contact us directly if you are looking for ready made lining options.
- Alternative decoration ideas – There are many ways to dress a marquee: balloons, centre pieces and lighting are all popular ways to set the atmosphere but please note keeping to a colour scheme is the key to the perfect setting.
- Never build a marquee on the day of the wedding! It is never a good idea to build a party tent on the day of your event especially if you have no experience erecting marquees. We advise you to check the items, make sure you’re happy with the purchase and build the structure at least 48 hours before the day of the wedding.
- Secure the marque properly to avoid any damages or even worse a serious injury. The marquee shouldn’t be up in winds more than 30mph so please make sure you check the weather forecast.
- Keep the marquee well ventilated to avoid condensation. UK Tents sell highly customisable marquees which enable you to have multiple entrances and it will also help keep the air circulating. Our professional range also have vents at the top of the gables simply ensure these are open in hot temperatures.
Choose your Perfect Marquee
UK Tents sell four different marquee ranges to cater for all types of marquee weddings. Here is a step by step guide that will help you decide which range is best for you.
The PE Marquee range is ideal for a wedding at home, it’s not fire resistant which means having it at a hotel might be an issue. The better quality range is the Economy PVC, which is also perfect for a wedding at home but as it contains 500gsm PVC it will combat bad weather and can be used for a longer period of time. Our Premium marquees are fine for commercial use as they come with ground bar and fire resistance as standard. The UK Tent professional range is a great option if you have multiple functions as it has a thicker galvanised steel frame and 550gsm tarpaulin. This marquee is the highest quality UK Tents sell and it is used by many marquee hire companies. We caught up with a marquee rental business based in Harrow called “Raj Marquees” I wanted to know his opinion on all of the UK Tents products and I also asked him for advice regarding wedding marquee builds:
I have bought many marquees from different suppliers over the year and the price to quality ratio that UK Tents have is second to none. The professional range is so well priced that I bought one of each size to stock up for summer. We sometimes use the other ranges for smaller sizes which is normally ordered by customers for one day events as they are easier to build, store and transport. The one piece of advice I would give to anyone starting out in the marquee hire industry is to clarify the following points: How many guests are attending? How long is the event? and How big is the space the marquee is going in? These questions will avoid any questions.Raj from Raj Marquees
I would like to thank Raj for the helping me write this blog with some fantastic advice that I can share with you. If you have any questions regarding a marquee wedding please contact us today and a member of our build team would be happy to help. This article was suggested by a customer who is buying a UK Tents marquee for his daughters wedding in his garden. If you have a marquee related problem fill in the form below and we will research and write our next blog for you.
UK Tents have a huge January sale every year and we also run flash sales once a month. If you aren’t in a rush for a marquee delivery sign up to our newsletter where you will be notified for flash sales, stock changes and new products.