Friday March 17, 2023
At UK Tents our marquees are manufactured to be as sturdy as possible. When bad weather conditions come into play there are a few things we would recommend you do to help preserve the condition of your marquee.
We have different accessories on our website that can help make your marquee stronger and more secure.
- Ground Stakes and Extra Strong Ground Stakes – Help to secure your marquee into the ground and stop too much movement of the frame and sides. We would also recommend purchasing water weights and/or sandbags to help secure your marquee, depending on the ground you are erecting it on. Our ground stakes are a great way to keep the marquee from swaying which which keep your purchase in great condition for longer.
- Storm Protection kit (Hard ground) – Helps to secure the marquee from moving too much and to stop the tarpaulin from flapping or tearing. The hard ground kit comes with M10 eye anchor bolts, which allow you to secure any structure to concrete.
- Storm Protection kit (Soft ground) – Again helps to secure the marquee from moving too much and to stop the tarpaulin from flapping or tearing. The soft ground kit comes with large steel pegs, which allow you to secure any structure to grass.
Storm Protection Kit (hard ground)£119.99 inc. VAT
Product on saleStorm Protection Kit (soft ground)inc. VAT
Storm Protection Kit
- Extra security in strong winds and heavy rain
- Reinforced ratchet tension straps guarantee stability
- Suitable for all our marquees and storage tents
- 2x Tension Belt Straps, 15 m each
- 2x Ratchets
- Soft ground – 4x 60cm Earth Pegs Hard ground 4 M10 anchor bolts
How to use:
- The tension belts are fitted to the tent on the construction at eaves height.
- Anchor them down in at a degree of 45° from the tent.
Wrong way to install:
Correct way to install:
During extreme weather conditions we actually recommend you dismantle your marquee and store it away safely until the adverse weather has passed. Our marquees are sturdy but unfortunately not indestructible. Featured on our accessories page are storage bags for you to purchase for your poles, connectors and tarpaulin. These help your marquee stay protected during storage months.
We have a small section in our terms and conditions to help you determine when it is recommended to take down your marquee.
– “All of our products are designed for regular short term use. UK Tents reserves the right to determine what constitutes as extreme weather. We strongly advise to dismantle any tent in winds above 35mph (This includes gust of wind which you can forecast by using the Met Office: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk). UK Tents products have not been officially tested for minimum snow load or wind speed.”
If unfortunately damages do occur, we offer our customers a 10 year spare part availability guarantee in case you need to replace any parts of your marquee in the future. Some of our accessories are on our website such as bungees and window replacement panels which are easy to purchase as and when you need them. Other, larger spare parts such as poles, tarpaulin or connectors are available through our Customer Service Manager Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a warehouse full of spare parts to help with any replacements needed for 10 years from original purchase.
Our marquees are suitable for year round use however, please take into consideration the weather forecast and act accordingly. We love our customers to stay in contact, so if there are any questions you have or any advice you need then please give us a call on 01234233234 and we would be happy to help.
What would you like us to blog about next? Fill out the form below and who knows, it could be your suggestion!